Please find below information provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Peru.
Countries that require a visa to enter Peru
Citizens of the countries listed below do NOT have to apply for a visa at an embassy or consulate before entering Peru. A passport valid for at least six months with at least two free pages in the visa section is enough to get a tourist visa directly at the border or the airport. The tourist visa takes the form of an entry stamp when entering Peru.
- North America: Citizens of the United States, Canada and Mexico
- Central America: Citizens of most Central American countries (exceptions: Costa Rica, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua and Dominican Republic)
- South America: Citizens of all South American countries
- Europe: Citizens of all countries within the European Union and Switzerland
- Africa: Citizens of South Africa
- Asia: Citizens of Brunei, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand
- Oceania: Citizens of Australia and New Zealand
Media representatives from countries not on the list above should apply for a visa to enter Peru. To request a Visa Invitation Letter from the IOC, please send your email before 31 July 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating “Visa Invitation Letter Request Lima” in the title of the email.
It is normally a requirement for all media representatives wishing to enter and work in Peru to apply for a “Journalist Visa” from the Government of Peru.
The Government of Peru has issued a waiver for this visa for media representatives from countries whose citizens do not require an entry visa to enter Peru. No additional visa is required. For more information, please click here.
For media representatives from other countries, where an entry visa to Peru is mandatory, it is necessary to also apply for the special “Journalist Visa” at any Peruvian Consulate. Please note that media representatives must first be accredited by the IOC for the Lima Session in order to be eligible to request the Journalist Visa to enter and work in Peru. Please refer to the following link for more information:
Please refer to the this link for more information.
Requirements for applying for a Journalist Visa:
- Valid passport (machine readable/with barcode) with at least six (6) months of validity
- Visa application form fully completed and signed
- Media Identification (original and copy)
- 1 colour photograph (passport size, white background)
- A cover letter from the media institution the media representative represents, explaining the purpose of the trip
- Flight itinerary
- If media representatives are bringing professional equipment into Peru, please download the Temporary Entrance of Professional Equipment Form from this link: http://www.rree.gob.pe/SitePages/prensa.aspx#servicios